Much as the SSI Open Water Diver course opened the door to diving, the SSI Dive Guide program will open the door to leadership, which allows you to enjoy diving on an entirely different level.
SSI Dive Guide or Dive Guide not Active Specialty (can only guide friends, find the program under specialty’s)
This program is an introduction into the world of Dive Professionals. As a Dive Guide you will be qualified to lead certified divers on a variety of scuba diving adventures. Dive Guides are required to work through an active SSI Dive Center and, when necessary, with an active SSI Instructor.
||Azul Diving Center|
As a certified and active SSI Dive Guide you can:
- Be at least 18 years old (15 years for the specialty)
- Have a personal Total Diving System
- Have a current medical exam for scuba diving not older than 1 year and signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
- Hold an SSI Advanced Adventurer Diver certification or equivalent
- Hold a SSI Diver Stress & Rescue certification or equivalent
- Hold a SSI Navigation, Night/Limited Visibility and Deep Diving certification or equivalent or have logged significant experience (at least 5 dives) in the these Specialty programs
- Logged no less than 40 open water dives with 25 hours or more.